Bruschetta

Fresh tomato
Basil leaves
Extro virgin olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Chop the tomato with the basil leaves. Pour a little of the olive oil over the mixture and add salt and pepper to taste. Let it marinate for an hour or so.

Take some French bread and slice it diagonally. Brush the slices with olive oil. Toast the bread on both sides (in toaster, oven, or grill). Slice a clove of garlic and rub the garlic across the toasted bread. Spoon the cool tomato-basil mix over it.

You can use any cracker (without cheese) instead of the bread. I also like to put a little cream cheese on the bread or cracker before adding the tomato-basil mix.

1 comment:

Natsirk said...

Cooking makes me crabby. Being on a low tyramine diet for the last three days makes me extra crabby. But I found your recipes and I feel better! I want to try bruschetta.